Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Train travel travails

Inside the train, snaking through,
Valleys and gorges and over bridges,
Time moves, as if in a standstill,
I see others, but I feel detached.

As dusk falls, the lights are out,
The homes lining the tracks light up,
Children running back to their homes,
Lamps are lighted outside in prayers.

I watch from inside, as if unaffected,
Slowly, I see life passing by along,
Routines are kept up, in the outside,
I however break mine for this journey

Diaspora within is a dispersion,
Floating population, varied destination
For a brief moment, these lives merge
The disparate travails of travel abound.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was simply lovely...the detachment and yet the entanglement..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback