Tuesday, April 8, 2014

To flourish while fading

 

 
 
 
 
I will fade away, into recognition
The seasons maybe any
I will wilt and wither here,
Possibly Thursday, the day in spring.
 
I decide on Thursday, because I was
Born on that day,
I pen these lines in fear,
In dread of diminishing,
The end is terrifying.
 
There will an emptiness
No one to recollect my days,
Truly I will vanish
Into dust, in the woods,
On a rainy sunny day.
 
PROMPT:
And now for today’s (optional, as always!) prompt. Today, let’s rewrite a famous poem, giving it our own spin. While any famous poem will do, if you haven’t already got one in mind, why not try your own version of Cesar Vallejo’s Black Stone Lying on a White Stone? If you’re not exactly sure how such a poem could be “re-written,” check out this recent poem by Stephen Burt, which riffs on Vallejo’s. Happy writing!
 
 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback