Friday, September 10, 2010

Unseen, unheard, not unknown

A connection I formed with you,
unspoken, unwritten, unsaid
My nephew to be, my very own.
I dreamt of sitting by you,
breathing in, you, in peace.
I anticipated whisking you away,
to a world of you and me.
I waited to teach, you life
to read to you, entering
a fascinating world of books,
I would make you a reader,
a mathematician, along the way.
You would be eager, curious
and I would satiate
You grow and I nurture,
I could say nothing to you,
I wish I could speak volumes!

1 comment:

  1. Your desire to be with your unborn nephew is very evident in this poem. I have a saying for impatient people: Your mother waited nine months to have you, surely you can wait x minutes for me to do this. Well, the bad news is that full-term babies take a whole 40 weeks to arrive. I never checked the posting date but I hope your wait is over soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback