Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life as I see it

This comes across the miles from a talented photgrapher, poet friend, who sent this along to commemorate the milestone, the big two-five-oh!!!




Sitting in my rocking chair,
With hands on my heart,
I reviewed the life I led,
With evocative thoughts in my head.

Pictures of childhood chums, I see,
Electrical voices, I speak to,
The iPod, now my companion,
Solitary, things I do.

Run I do, the rat race,
Things I do, by the hand of clock,
Work I do, not where my heart is,
Live I do, like the flock.

Forgotten are the rainy days,
When I sit by the window,
Hand in hand, with the person I love,
A hot coffee to share.

Time, I ought to find,
Love, I need to convey,
To let the dear ones
Know that they are one of a kind.



This space awaits (updated to add "and received") a piece from a talented photographer and poet in commemoration of the milestone attained - the big two-five-oh!!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 250!!!

    And, a great piece indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback