Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Auto narrative

A nagging feeling I have
I feel a shake coming,
Will I just fall apart?
And, my engines break down?

I am old, but have been loyal,
Running through all the years,
Across the coast, through cities,
I have seen it all, I must say.

On all their spontaneous whims,
that they pick me and drive to,
I stood them through thick & thin,
Through some rain, and some shine.

Now, I think its my time,
And, to let me off and just stay,
I know they love me, for who I am,
But, embrace the new, they should

I think I heard a rumor whir,
A shiny hybrid to take my place,
I would still be here at home,
Ready in tow for any occasion.

Like the old horses of yore,
I'll be a teacher to all those new,
Trusted with the novices at the wheel,
Seasoned and reliable that I am.

Past my prime, still a beauty,
performance matching the young,
A trip I will take in a bit,
right here, down the memory lane.

4 comments:

  1. All things must pass, as the song says.
    Interesting reflection on transport, there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.

    I have a hard time letting go of my old car, so I like the point of view from the vehicle of being let go of as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hybrids would overtake gasoline autos.. imagine... i love my old car... it is something strange and lovely... excellent take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this narrative from an auto's view. Surely appropriate for this day and age. Nice work, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback