Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blank!

Today I draw a blank,
Writing now for writing sake,
Among the bottom, I would rank,
Excuses here, I try to make

Clichés I seek to avoid,
But, on days like today,
Of ideas, when I am devoid.
Mediocre is the price I pay.

Childish a word comes to mind,
Tag this in the class sub par,
This day I come to find,
I need to lower the bar.

The more and more I begin to fuss,
Looking for that one spark,
My brain feels like a sticky mess
Looks like emptiness left its mark.

8 comments:

  1. keep it coming - i like the sticky mess just the same..if only i could write out my mess too ..very nice. i will see if i can think up anything for the world today...most likely time will be my enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I often prefer stepping up to the bar instead of lowering it. A scotch on the rocks often relieves the pressure of writer's block for me.

    Nice work jamming out something on a day like today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those days... and yet, you still managed to make it come out. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. who doesn't have days like this? I've seen to be on a slipping slow myself, at least you're writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking at the same two sentences for an hour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that feeling is horrible and happening to me more often than I admit. You wrote a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could draw such entertaining blanks!
    great 3 ww! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback