Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Consequence!

Time to face my fears,
The thought sends a shiver,
Do I cry myself to tears?

As the day of reckoning nears,
My voice has a little quiver,
Time to face my fears,

Expectation of many a dears,
Results, I hope to deliver,
Do I cry myself to tears?

Intimate a positive, it appears,
Heart beats like an untamed river,
Time to face my fears,

Waiting, hands folded in prayers,
Seeking from HIM, the giver,
Do I cry myself to tears?

Looking for some cheers,
Of hope there is a sliver,
Time to face my fears,
Do I cry myself to tears?

7 comments:

  1. I love villanelles and yours is very well done! The repetitions are fresh and add new depth as the poem progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the answer is no. That no tears are necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of poems....I can't believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are many i missed from you it seems, very nicely written..."time to face my fears" is what i would pick given a choice..crying is a good vent, yet to move on...one must face one's fears...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback