Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long long ago...

Looking back, I feel old,
Recollection is a strain, truth be told,
Look back to an earliest one,
Think I must, a memory to summon.

I must have been about three,
Playing by myself, happy as can be,
Found something strange on the floor,
Next thing I know, my breathing's sore!

A panicked yell from my mother,
Off to hospital, dashed rather,
I did give them all a scare,
Do it again, I wouldn't dare.

A fine evening years ago,
Was to be special, little did I know,
Clutched the handle of the scooter,
I was off to see someone cuter.

Tightly holding on a lollipop,
My only concern, lest it drop.
Later, when I do remember,
I know I welcomed a new family member!

4 comments:

  1. Hey nicely done, JS...both hospital incidents...things we do and remember from younge age right ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones, brought back nicely dredged memories from childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback