Monday, June 14, 2010

Little, not at all

I want to tell a story,
A little one and her glory,
Little she may look to us,
But, never ceases to impress!

Never a quitter, she will be,
Within us, she forces us to see,
Conformity is not the way to go,
How to live life, she will show.

Hard work she embraced,
She fought on unfazed,
With pure joy, she completed,
And, with cheers, she was greeted.

If only I could do it
To go on and on, never to quit,
I look at her spell bound,
A heroine for myself, today I found.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent way to show us a new life, what better example of a fighter than a newborn, if they can make it into life then we can survive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful ode to a new born baby girl.

    Quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece..very powerfully put and a fantastic idea of what 'superhero' really means..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been struggling to teach this very lesson to my own daughter...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback