Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Defray the disarray

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In a puddle of chaos I stand,
Sinking like in a marshy swampland,
The race of life, with its murky goals,
Pains my already befuddled soul.
 
Isolated, I seem to feel in a crowd,
Breathless, like trapped in a shroud,
Some days are silkier than others,
Not that I am given any druthers.
 
A lankiness pervades in all my fears,
Downing whiskey, whilst drowning in tears
Razor sharp bite the days seem to be,
Mouthing a prayer, I try to flee.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful treatment of this particularly difficult Wordle! I especially like the line: "/"Some days are silkier than others,Not that I am given any druthers."

    Great job!

    Here is my decidedly more depressing attempt:

    http://paulatohlinecalhoun1951.wordpress.com/2013/11/23/what-dreams-may-come/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback