Wednesday, April 5, 2017

In tune with nature

The ocean, the vast expanse, the horizon
Amidst my busy days and rolling lists
of things to attain and accomplish
This moment of tranquility exists.

I wait and squint as far as I can,
There's the end, I presume it to be
I readjust the focus and lose it
There's non or so it appears to me.

The shades of blue vary in degrees
Navy blue, cockle shell or blue bell.
Trying to gradate them in half baked ways
But the grays are all, it seems to foretell.

The approaching storm threatens to
roil the calm tones of the blues
Mixed inseparably with brown sand
it takes on some angrier hues.

I stand glued to the majestic fury
portending some times of turmoil
I shall run to seek shelter
But first, its wrath, i shall assoil. 


prompt for Day Five (as always, the prompt is optional). In honor of Mary Oliver’s work, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem that is based in the natural world: it could be about a particular plant, animal, or a particular landscape. But it should be about a slice of the natural world that you have personally experienced and optimally, one that you have experienced often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback