Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Iron

While I went in search of the
modern periodic Table, looking
for a fancy new name element.

All the while, I realized, under
my nose, was the unassuming 
But sold and strong, iron.

I charted out rhymes and
fancy fictional backgrounds
even building a juicy plot.

In the end, I grasped
the useful ones lie low
with plain Jane names.

Americium, Curium, Berkelium
I passed one by one, to the right
higher up in the count

While staying strong within me
propping me up with hemoglobin
Stayed my trusted lieutenant.


For today’s prompt, pick an element (like from the periodic table), make it the title of your poem (or part of the title), and then, write the poem. Anything goes from hydrogen to oganesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading; and thank you in advance for the feedback